England vs Croatia

Raj1
Raj1
It's been a tournament of set pieces really (every goal practically in the tournament) and England carry the biggest threat at them. Teams shit themselves whenever we get a corner (it's like watching any Liverpool West Brom game for the last 5 years) and all the prep work has paid off.

They're better at keeping the ball but if we run at them we'll cause them problems and they'll be heavy legged after the last two games. Win as many set pieces as possible and put good balls in. I think we'll win but Croatia do have the players to hurt us if they're given time on the ball. I said going into the knockouts (and particularly Spain going out) it feels like everything is going our way like with Portugal and the momentum is with us.

Two things i've always been frustrated at with England in tournaments: 1) the lack of preparation for set pieces and particularly penalties. 2) our laboured approach. We don't run at teams enough with pace and verve or press well enough off the ball. These two things are our strength so use them. In recent tournaments particularly we haven't imposed our own game at all. Finally we are.